ISINP Announcement Poster
New journal Frontiers in Network Physiology published by Frontiers Media SA
We invite all ISINP-2022 attendees and speakers to contribute work on Network Physiology to the new journal Frontiers in Network Physiology.
Frontiers in Network Physiology is the first journal publishing rigorously peer-reviewed research dedicating to furthering our understanding of Network Physiology. Launched in April 2021, this multidisciplinary, open-access journal is at the forefront of communicating impactful scientific discoveries to academics and clinicians.
A recent Editorial on Network Physiology can be found here. More information is available on the journal home page.
Current Focus Issues on Network Physiology now open for submission in Frontiers in Network Physiology
Past Focus Issues on Network Physiology:
- ”The New Frontier of Network Physiology: From Temporal Dynamics to the Synchronization and Principles of Integration in Networks of Physiological Systems“ in the journal Frontiers in Physiology.
- “The new field of Network Physiology: redefining health and disease through networks of physiological interactions“in the journal Physiological Measurement, IOPscience.
- “Focus on Network Physiology and Network Medicine” in the journal New Journal of Physics, IOPscience.
Poster Session for participants at ISINP-2022
Applicants currently working on projects related to Network Physiology are encouraged to present at Poster Sessions I & II organized during the Summer Institute.
Applicants who plan to present at the Poster Sessions should include in their application material (Application Form) also a PDF with title, authors and two-page single space abstract structured in sections on Study Objectives, Methods, Results (possibly including 1 or 2 figures), Conclusions, and up to 5 References.
Poster Prizes for Young Researchers at ISINP-2022
Frontiers in Network Physiology supports the International Summer Institute on Network Physiology (ISINP-2022) with three Poster Prizes for Young Researchers.
Three cash prizes of $250, $150 and $100 will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best posters respectively. The prizes will be announced at the end of the Poster Sessions. In addition, prize winners will be invited to submit their papers to Frontiers in Network Physiology. The papers will be published, subject to peer review, with reduced publication fees.
Readings related to Network Physiology as first steps in building a dynamic Atlas of Organ Interactions
- Network physiology reveals relations between network topology and physiologic function. [ PDF]
Nature Communications 2012; 3: 702 doi: 10.1038/ ncomms1705.
- Network Physiology: how organ systems dynamically interact. [ Open access]
PLOS ONE, 2015; 10(11): e0142143
- Major component analysis of dynamic networks of physiologic organ interactions.[ PDF ]
Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2015; 640, 012013
- Plasticity of brain wave network interactions and evolution across physiologic states.[ Open access ]
Frontiers in Neural Circuits, 2015; 9:62
- Coexisting forms of coupling and phase-transitions in physiological networks. [ PDF]
Communications in Computer and Information Science 2014; 438: 270-287
- Focus on the emerging new fields of network physiology and network medicine. [ PDF]
New Journal of Physics, 2016; 18:100201.
- Network Physiology of Exercise: Vision and Perspectives. [ Open Access ]
Frontiers in Physiology 2020; 11: 611550.
- Network Physiology of Cortico–Muscular Interactions. [ Open Access ]
Frontiers in Physiology. 2020; 11:558070.
- The New Field of Network Physiology: Building the Human Physiolome. [ Open Access ]
Frontiers in Network Physiology, 2021; 1:711778.
- Ensemble of coupling forms and networks among brain rhythms as function of states and cognition. [ Open Access ]
Communications Biology, 2022; 5: 82.